donderdag 20 februari 2014

Another one bites the dust...

Another failed attempt to climb Ölkrise last weekend. As I made attempts, this time accompanied by Erik, I found two small refinements of my sequence, making the hardest move (a heinous crossover into a fully stretched position that nearly makes your abs squize out your intestines) a notch easier. Although I feel that with these improvements I should be well capable of climbing the boulder (I can do the individual moves quite easily by now), I failed again to do so. Fatigue kicked in rapidly and when eventually - after about ten attempts too many - the skin of my index finger split, I was forced to give up again.

Despite being worn down already I somehow still managed to climb 'Zerrissene Welten' 7B+ in the Katla Cave, maybe because it is quite short, but probably because it simply isn't that hard. Just like 'Drachenrachen' and 'Black Smoke, White Wings' it's one of the first boulders of the cave, opened by the German topper Daniel Jung in 2008. A true heartbreaker was falling when my foot slipped while matching the final hold: I had to go through the painful fingerlock crux again... I captured some footage of the ascent and tried to make the best of the low light conditions of the dark Katla Cave at the end of an overcast day and experimented 'a bit' with film burns and grunge effects. Deliberate overkill, I hope you like it:

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten